Virtual Art Show
TERMS AND CONDITIONS 2021
The Fees and Key Dates at the foot of this document form an integral part of these Terms and Conditions.
PAINTING & PHOTOGRAPH ENTRY
- Entries for consideration for the Virtual Art Show to be accepted on the dates shown under Key Dates can only be made online via Gallery 247.
- By submitting your works through our online process you enter into an agreement with The Rotary Club of Mornington Inc, hereafter referred to as “the Organisers” and you agree to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
- Submissions will also be subject to Gallery 247 Terms and Conditions. It is important to note that Gallery 247 has a returns policy for buyers which you can view here 7 day money back guarantee.
- Each art work must be the original uncopied work of the exhibitor, have been executed during the 18 months; preceding 1st January 2021 and must be for sale at the nominated price inclusive of GST where applicable.
- Photographs will be accepted for submission when entered as a limited numbered edition, signed and numbered by the artist. Photographic works needs to be entered through Gallery 247 and must adhere to the terms and conditions as displayed on the Mornington Art Show website.
- Non Acceptable works (unless specifically invited by the organisers) include: Works of beaten metal, painted porcelain, ceramics, sculpture, computer generated works (excluding digital photographs), bark arrangements or plaster relief. Numbered lino prints are the only prints accepted.
- All entries must be supported with a high quality photograph of the work on submission.
- In selecting art work, the organisers will show preference to works not previously exhibited in the Mornington Art Show.
- You may submit any number of works for consideration for acceptance into the show; however each submission attracts a fee as shown under Fees. The Organisers, reserve the right to accept up to four (4) works from any one artist. All accepted works will be displayed.
- Additional works may be accepted at the sole discretion of the Organisers.
- Artwork must be entered into the correct category with accurate dimensions that includes the frame when submitted.
- Multi-panelled pieces are accepted as one work.
- Artists will be notified by both email and text message when their work has been accepted for inclusion in the Show. Artists must ensure correct (email/phone) are registered with Gallery 247.
- You hereby authorise the Organisers to photograph and/or publish your work for the purposes of promoting the show by any means.
- The exhibitor shall permit his/her exhibit to remain on display for the duration of the exhibition.
DELIVERY OF ART WORK
- NO ACCEPTED ARTWORK is to be delivered to the Art Show Receiving Office, Peninsula Community Theatre corner Nepean Highway and Wilsons Road Mornington. The artist will instead will be notified by Gallery 247 of where to send art work if and when it has sold.
SHIPPING OF SOLD ARTWORK
- When submitting your art work you will be asked to enter the cost of shipping the sold artwork to the buyer. Estimates of delivery costs can be sought from your nearest Pack & Send agency and are Gallery 247’s preferred shipping supplier.
- The artist acknowledges that a buyer will pay the price of the artwork plus the cost of shipping. Artists needs to ensure the delivery cost is accurate as Mornington Art Show nor the buyer will be responsible for errors in shipping costs made by the artist.
- Gallery 247 will notify artists of any sale and will send artists details of the buyer. It is the responsibility of the artist to arrange shipping/delivery.
- Artists need to pay for the shipping costs upfront and then funds (price minus commission plus the shipping costs as set on your Gallery 247 details) will be transferred via electronic transfer to the artists nominated bank account by Gallery 247.
- It is the artists’ responsibility to ensure suitable insurance covers be enacted for the duration of the event including the period to cover shipping.
PRIZES AND JUDGING
- Prizes will be awarded in designated categories detailed on the Mornington Art Show website. Such prizes are at the sole discretion of the Organisers and/or the appointed judge, and no artwork will be eligible for more than one prize. No prize will be awarded for any category with less than 10 entries.
- Entries wishing to be judged for 'Best Mornington Peninsula Scene'must nominate at the time of online entry on Gallery 247 by checking the specific category box.
PAYMENT AND FEES
- Payment of submission fees will be made at the time of submission, and acceptance fees are payable at the time of acceptance; all such fees are non-refundable.
- Submission fee, payable at the time of entering: $5.00 per artwork.
- Acceptance fee, payable at the time of acceptance will be $5.00. All payments are via Gallery 247.
PAYMENT TO ARTISTS
- All payments to artists for sold works will be made by Gallery 247.
- Any artists awarded a prize will receive payment from the Rotary Club of Mornington via artist’s bank details as nominated on Gallery 247.
- By entering this art show you acknowledge that the Rotary Club of Mornington Inc. is entitled to 25% commission on all sales and that you have read and understand the above Conditions of entry and agree to be bound by them.
- Submissions: Open Sunday November 22, 2020 and Close Sunday December 20, 2020 at Midnight
- Notificationthat entries have been accepted: Saturday January 2, 2021
- Art Show will run from: Sunday January 17 – Sunday 31, 2021
Contact Details for Organisers
Barb 0421 433 513
Maree 0427 048 760
Richard 0417 352 212